Friday 25 September 2009

Old-school pork chops with apples and sage

Day 25, recipe 15

what a week it's been... aaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! (that's me screaming)...and I'm GLAD to be cooking again. It's been a long day at work and the only thing that kept me going was the thought of what I'm gonna have for dinner: old school pork chops with apples and sage, served with savoy cabbage with Worcestershire sauce, baked potato and wine; and oh-my-God... it was so gooodd.

Jamie's instruction to make deep cuts all along the fatty side of the chops is fantastic. How come nobody tells me about this before?!? It helps to render the fat and makes the skin crispier.
I invited a friend to come over for dinner but he cancelled at the last minute. If I have to be honest, I was kinda glad he couldn't make it, because I finished everything.

Cabbage isn't my favourite vegetables, but cooked with worcestershire sauce and butter, YUM! So simple, but yet so delicious. I'm pretty sure it's the butter.

Pork chops, apples and cabbage; this is definitely one of the recipes I'll make over and over again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment