Tuesday, 16 October 2012

My Birthday Cake

So it was my birthday a couple of days ago and I just wanted to share with you the birthday cake that my mom made.

This is a three layers of the lightest vanilla sponge filled with strawberry jam, frosted with buttercream and grated cheese. It's a very old fashioned cake, but what's wrong with that?

I don't have the recipe yet for this cake. I have to dig deep into my mom's recipe scrap book. I had such a lovely day with my parents and other friends. Especially this was the first birthday that I celebrated at home in ten years...

I had been pretty busy the past few weeks with the work experience (more about that in the next post). But I am very pleased to tell you that blogging will be back to normality very soon.

Take care my friends and thank you for your patience.

Have a great day.

P.S. if you're wondering, I am now 25 years old... :)

14 comments:

  1. OMG! What a cute colorful dot BD Cake!!!
    It looks so delicious!
    Happy Birthday Michael-san!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was utterly delicious.

      Delete
  2. grated cheese?!??!
    happy birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yeah!! Grated cheese!
      Thank you...

      Delete
  3. Lovely cake picture. We all are glad to see you post whenever you can. Please do away with those "prove you're not a robot" things. Anyone else as irritated by them as I am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen... Your wish is granted my friend :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Michael! Beautiful cake. Grated cheese are delicious on pastry something I've had from a Filipino bake shoppe. I've not tried it on a cake I bet its delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. Cheese is delicious on cakes... you should try it :)

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I've never heard of grated cheese on a cake. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday sweetie... lovely looking cake... love mums... aren't they the best? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday - even if it's a bit late. Great looking cake. I think you should dig deep for that recipe because I'm seriously intrigued by the cheese bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ure same age as me.. Just to crack the topic.

    ReplyDelete