Monday 21 July 2014

I am moving...

Hello friends! How's everyone doing? I hope you are all well and eating deliciously...

I am taking a quick break from packing and this time it's the big suitcase that I need to pack because I am moving... 

A couple of months ago I applied for a job which I thought suits my passion and it also sounds like a great opportunity for me to continue growing and learning.  After waiting for few days, I was thrilled when I received a feedback regarding my application so quickly. They wanted to know more about my working experience which I happily explained; and a couple of correspondence later, I was invited for an interview... 

The interview was done over the phone... I was so nervous that day, waiting for that phone call. Finally it's 9PM my time. For the interviewer it was the morning because of the time difference. The interview itself went really well but still I didn't want to get too sure that I was gonna get it.  I mean, I've been to a job interview before where I thought it went extremely well and ended up not getting the job. 

After the interview, I waited for few days... don't you just hate that feeling of waiting... Just tell me already please... I checked my email constantly, refreshing the inbox on my phone like every fifteen minutes... until that email came. I went into my room, I took a deep breath and I opened that email which says "...I would like to go ahead and offer you the pastry cook position...". I was over the moon happy. 

For the past few weeks I've been doing all the paperwork for the working permit and travel documents and it's finally all done last week and I am ready to go and I can tell you where I'm heading to. Next week, I'll be boarding the longest flights in my life... a total of five flights and an approximately 38 hours journey. From Medan to Singapore and up north to Taipei, then cross the Pacific ocean to LA then to Houston where I'm going to take my last connecting flight to my destination at Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. 

To say that I am excited is an understatement. Not only I am excited to see parts of the world I have not been before, but also of course, for the job and the new adventure. And I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all :) 

13 comments:

  1. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Congratulations Michael, that's fantastic news. Well done! Look forward to hearing all about your new life in the Caymans. I am pistachio-green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michael...this is such a surprise...Cayman Island...indeed lots of adventure are waiting for you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Michael Grand Cayman!.... that must be SO exciting for you... congratulations!!!!.. please please stay in touch and tell us all about your exciting new life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Michael that is amazing news! I read it this morning but only got to my computer just then. A HUGE Congratulations!! I was hoping for a second that you might be coming to Australia :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful adventure is waiting for you, Michael! Congratulations! I look forward to the 'next chapter'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, i hope i had a courage like you my friend....
    living within your trully passion is totally defind the heavenly world, plus it's Grand Cayman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FANTASTIC news! Congratulations Michael!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michael. Selamat ya! Kirim-kirim kabar ya sama kita-kita di Indonesia! Ikut seneng nih.

    (Sengaja nih ngomong bahasa Indonesia.Kalau mau balas di gmail gue aja ya.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Michael! A great job and in Grand Cayman, no less! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such good news - congratulations. Grand Cayman - I am a deep shade of green with envy. I hope it goes well - I'm sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow congrats will enjoy hearing more as you get settled

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god Michael!! How exciting!!! That is one epic journey. And congrats on getting your dream job and being able to do what you love. It's so inspiring and I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your adventures! Good luck with everything xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wondering about you recently, knowing that there were pending movements in your life. Congratulations on this huge opportunity. When you have the time, please post about your experiences in Grand Cayman (I have to Google this to find out where it is). Best, Stephen.

    ReplyDelete