Sunday 20 December 2009

excitement

Christmas is exciting, with all the lights and decorations, the carols, Christmas TV shows, and most importantly, the seasonal food and drinks. At the same time however, Christmas can be the most stressful time of the year, with all the shopping, queuing in the shops, and don’t even get me started on the wrapping the presents. And it gives me great pleasure to announce that I’m almost done with my Christmas shopping (two more presents to be exact) and also the wrapping! YAY!

Next week I’m hosting three dinner parties in a row and as crazy as it sounds, I cannot wait! The dishes are all planned and I love feeding people (just about any time, really) especially at this time. The thing about Christmas food is, they have to be familiar, nothing overtly complicated, and most importantly, comforting.

And don’t worry, I have not forgotten about the project. I’ll be serving some recipes from the book this Christmas, like fifteen Christmas salad and fifteen chocolate brownies; the best roast turkey – Christmas or any time for Christmas Eve; and I have also decided to have roast leg of lamb with aubergines and onions on Christmas day.

This year, I have also been making edible presents. I have made few jars of vanilla sugar to share with some dear friends and I’ll be making few batches of Jamie’s best shortbread in the world in the next couple of days.

All very exciting...


I had spaghetti with olives and salad with Jamie’s Sicilian dressing for lunch; old-school pork chops with apples and sage for dinner; and mulled cider with lemon and orange to keep me warm. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment