Tuesday 7 February 2017

A New Project...

I started blogging eight years ago, in 2009.  I just turned twenty-one, and I wanted to be a better cook; and the blog is a mean of documenting my learning experience. In my first year of blogging, I set myself a challenge and I cooked my way through Jamie Oliver's My Guide to Making You A Better Cook cookbook. It was a wonderful learning experience and a year I’ll never forget.

It was then when I learn how to make homemade pasta, roast the most wonderful pork belly with my favourite braised red cabbage accompaniment, and I learn to prepare live lobsters and crabs.

I know I've been terrible at blogging. Not that I've stopped cooking, baking and eating at home entirely; you know, that's not true if you follow my Instagram (@michael_toa). But I do want to make a commitment to come back and share more of my learning experience with all of you. 

Through this blog, new friendships are made with so many around the world. I’ve gotten opportunities to work with brands and products I adore. And this blog also contributed to how I got to where I am now.

So, with that in mind, I am starting a new project! I have decided to bake my way through Dorie Greenspan’s Dorie’s Cookies. I love this book the first time I saw it and was very happy when…  let’s call this person M (like M in James Bond), for a bit of mystery (and we’ll talk more about M if you’d like in the coming posts) … M gave it to me as a Christmas present.

With over 160 mouth-watering cookie recipes both sweet and savoury (I am already loving the Cocktail Cookie section) to traybakes, marshmallows and ice-creams I look forward to baking and eating all of them; as well as few friends who gladly volunteered to tasting all of them.

I am very excited and I look forward to sharing my experience with all of you.

x,

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment