Tuesday 7 February 2017

WPC - World Peace Cookies

I think it's very appropriate that I begin this baking project with the cookie that's on the cover of the book: World Peace Cookies.

Don't you just love the name? I know I do... and I feel with all the terrible things that are happening around the world, we could certainly use a little or a lot of peace. I wish everyone could have a bite of this cookie and perhaps, just perhaps, the world will become a better place, even just for a minute.

This is a seriously good chocolaty chocolate cookies. A recipe I know I'll be making again and again. It's sweet with a touch of salt from fleur de sel. I love its soft interior and the chunks of bittersweet chocolate still molten even after baking.

Like Dorie, I would also highly suggest that you splurge and use really good quality cocoa powder. My personal favourite is Green & Black's Organic. As well as best quality bittersweet chocolate. 

The making of the dough itself is straightforward and I chose to turn the dough into logs and freezing them before slicing and baking. After 12 minutes in the oven, do not panic if the cookies look like they're not done, that's just the way they should be. You won't be able to lift them (how do I know? I tried) and just be patient, and let them rest until they're just warm, at which point now you can handle and eat them.

World Peace Cookies - page 335

4 comments:

  1. We, in the US, could stand some peace of mind. It's in short supply right now, what with a loose cannon living in the White House. Chocolate could be just what we need ... in massive amounts! These cookies may just be a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly understand. Perhaps I should send some of these cookies over :)

      Delete
  2. Time. This seems to be the universal scapegoat for not getting exercise, healthy food preparation... time is an excuse - & the right program for you will address this constraint. is a plant based diet good for type 2 diabetes

    ReplyDelete