Sunday 17 July 2011

Ham and Smoked Cheddar Quiche, Q & A

I want to say a big thank you again for all of your answers for my train food question. I am still on baking mode which is rather strange as I normally catch the baking bug after watching horror films and I am so inspired to bake some home-made goodness for my train journey tomorrow. I am going to London to meet Angela from The Good Soup for lunch. I am so excited!

I happened to have some leftover ham from dinner the other night which is exciting. I love leftovers but I don't often have them because my friends and I eat like monsters. Anyway, I thought why not bake a quiche? They're perfect for travelling and so I did. No I didn't make my own pastry, thank you for asking :(


I also baked a batch of chocolate and beetroot cake, because you've got to... well, I've got to have something sweet with me as well. If I could restrain myself from eating the whole lot, I plan to share some of this cake with Angela. However, I make no promises.

Now, Pierre from Little Hungry Heart (who I reckon is my long lost brother; we have so many things in common, it's scary) tagged me in a series of questions and here are my answers:

1. Do you think you're hot?
I'd like to think I am.

2. Upload the wallpaper you are currently using.
Yes, I am a child.

3. Last time you ate a chicken?
Last night... on a pizza.

4. Last song you listened to?
Dara Maclean - Suitcases

5. What were you thinking while doing this?
I'm quite enjoying this game and I can smell the pork roasting for dinner later...

6. Do you have nicknames? What are they?
I am known as 'slave-driver' at work. But I prefer to be addressed as 'Your Majesty'.

7. My lucky 7s
Well, I don't want to put pressure on anyone. If you want to play along, feel free.

Gotta go now. I'm meeting some friends to watch Harry Potter. When we got back, the pulled pork should be done and the green tea tiramisu will be nicely set. Ah, I love Sundays like this.

Have a great one!

13 comments:

  1. I adore quiche, and I am completely unashamed by the fact that I buy crusts pre-made. This is probably a stupid question. Is what you call beetroot the round red things we call beets over here in the colonies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wonder why horror movies in particular make you want to bake something? Very unusual but awesome! I too love quiche and agree that it would be the perfect train food :) Hope you have fun on your trip to London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at Harry Potter.. I have to wait until next week to see it!! I can hardly wait :)
    Love the new insight to you... hehehe.. I too like too prefer to be referred to as your majesty!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quiche looks fantastic and I just wish I had a slice of it. Hope you have a great time seeing Harry Potter! You definitely look pretty hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy quiche ( it must be quiche week!) and I live your answers. Very self depricating (not) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many variations of quiche this week so it must be fate telling me it's time to make one. It looks delicious.

    Your Majesty, I envy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! your majesty would you like to climb my tree?! Hahaha.

    I say that's a classic looking munch to bring on the train. Talking about similar things, I was making pork too. Hmmm must be the magnetic draw ay. And Wall-E isn't childish, it's hmmmm... not childish!

    Hope you have a great trip to London!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael, did you enjoy your Harry Potter movie? I did, complete with the obligatory scream and everything (to embarrass my kids while they hide underneath their hoods!). I also enjoyed reading your tag replies and gara-gara siPierre, have yet to do mine :-p.

    As for your train snacks, they all sound rather elegant that I thought you were bringing them down to London to see the Queen, not a blogger friend! LOL. Have a lovely trip, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the comments. I had a fantastic time with Angela in London. You can read all about it on the latest post.

    @Stephen: Yes, it's the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael, my first visit here and I get to learn so much about you already. It's a pleasure to meet you.

    The quiche looks wonderful! I'm not much a baker, but will sometimes make my own crust (grandma's recipe). I'll bet the pulled pork will be wonderful...it so hard to smell it cooking and have to wait to eat it...so good thing your going to see Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lyndsey. A very warm welcome to you. It's a pleasure 'meeting' you as well. I sometimes make my own crust too, but I have to be in the mood. The pulled pork was delicious and I had some leftovers. Love leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you find Harry Potter Michael? And lol at slave driver/His Majesty. Any luck getting the latter to stick? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lorraine: I love it! I'm going to watch it again next week. Have you seen it?

    @Aarthi: Thank you for your kind words. Will be checking out your giveaway now.

    ReplyDelete