Tuesday 16 March 2010

hmmm...

I got home from work at about 8.15, took off my coat, got a bowl, whisked an egg yolk with dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice to make mayonnaise for what Jamie said to be the ultimate prawn cocktail.

I'm allergic to prawns but I like prawns. I can afford few rashes. Don't worry, it's nothing serious.

Anyway, I've been thinking about Jamie. I never met him before, but I feel like I already know him. In my head, he is nice and down to earth and real friendly, just like on the telly.
I was talking to a friend about my cooking project and I suddenly said, 'well, Jamie told me...'. And then my friend said, 'what do you mean Jamie told you...?'.

Whilst cooking and reading the recipes, I feel like Jamie is talking to me, showing me what to do, teaching me; even though it's just me talking to myself.

Have I gone mad?

Maybe. I don't know...

The prawn cocktail was absolutely delicious.

Good night.

4 comments:

  1. He must be your spirit guide! (wink)
    I am glad he told you well! And that your rashes are not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I think you're hooked :-). I hope you enjoy the kitchen as much as we enjoy reading about your exploits in it. You have a lovely blog. I'll be back often to see what you've been cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am (hooked) Mary. I have a great time cooking and spending time in the kitchen.
    Thank you. I look forward to your next visit. :)

    ReplyDelete