Tuesday 27 April 2010

pan-roasted bream

I didn't actually plan what to have for dinner tonight. This morning I went to my trusty fishmonger with Jamie's book and I just looked for whatever is available. I still have 18 recipes to do from the fish, scallops, crab, clam and lobster chapters.

Anyway, the bream caught my eyes and so for dinner tonight I made pan-roasted bream with a quick crispy fennel salad.

Jamie says that this dish represents the best of British: everyone should eat it; and I think so as well. The bream fillets were seasoned with salt, pepper and fennel seeds before pan-roasted and then served with fennel salad, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. delicious. I especially love the crispy skin.



My friend Mark and Kelly are coming tomorrow to watch the football and I've been using a very good use of my time. My beef and sausage chilli is ready to reheat for tomorrow's dinner. If I plan to have things like chilli or curry, I like to make them a day ahead because I think they taste better the next day. Don't you think?



I'm off to bed now... Good night.

4 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, but I'm afraid I'm the odd man out. Bream is not locally available. Is there something that could be substituted? I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too sure to be honest Mary. But I reckon it'll be nice with sea bass or red snapper. I might try that next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking dish. I love the fennel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bridgett! I love the fennel too...
    I never really had them until when I started this project. Jamie uses them religiously and he converted me.

    ReplyDelete