Friday 23 April 2010

salad and tuna

On the menu last night was unbelievable root vegetable salad which consisted of beetroot, carrot, celery heart, radicchio, radishes, fennel and served with fiery, fresh and zingy grilled chilli dressing. If you’re looking for a dressing with a ‘kick’, this is the one. I’m sure you are all aware that you MUST wash your hands properly after handling chillies, and don’t go picking your nose or scratching your face or worse, going to the toilet before you done so, like I did, because it burns! (A little too much information there I know, sorry...)

I also made chargrilled tuna with oregano oil and beautifully dressed peas and broad beans. Delicious.



Gotta go to work now and it’s Friday! Yay! Have a good one everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh. We all need to be reminded about chilies and the potential discomfort they can cause. Your dinner looks scrumptious. I adore tuna. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinner looks wonderful!Love tuna fish, great work!
    :) Thanks for reminding us about the "power of chilies" :D I spent quite some time laughing before being able to leave a comment...
    Your blog is so nice, never boring, always creative and original...and these "inserts"(i.e. the chilies danger!) are really nice to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments. Well, I just want everyone to be careful when handling chillies :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete