Thursday 5 August 2010

Courgette Fritters

Today has been one of those days... busy, busy, busy... I felt like I never stopped at work. But anyway, I'm not gonna bore you with work... It was finally home time and I need food. I much prefer talking about food.

To make use of the extra courgettes I bought yesterday, this evening I made Courgette Fritters or in other words courgettes fried in batter... YUM. What I like about this recipe is, the courgettes is fried in a very light batter made with whipped egg white, not the thick, greasy batter. These fritters are flavoured with chilli, mint, lemon, parmesan and cumin. When cooked correctly, you'll be rewarded with a crunchy courgette on the outside, and inside it'll be soft and creamy, almost. Serve warm with lemon quarters.


Jamie says these fritters are great next to some grilled pork, chicken or fish. However, I've made this a couple of times before and let me tell you they don't hang around for long. Make sure you have another side dish to accompany the grilled meat.

A platter of courgette fritters, pear cider and season one of The Tudors. Perfect.

And also today, I was given 'The Versatile Blogger' award from Maya at Foodiva's Kitchen, a delicious blog I started to read recently. Thank you Maya! I never expected this. That's very nice of you.

I think it's time for Frü 'sensationally citrusy' lemon cheesecake now...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your well-deserved award, Micaheal. These fritters look wonderful. Why does fried food have to taste so good :-). I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Michael, I tried to make this at home just a couple hours ago based on Jamie recipe, resulted fried courgettes and crispy fried batter, separately. I just don't know how to make both stick together. Yours looks fab! It's not fair.. xD

    {Nilam}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nilam, I guess I was lucky. I heard other people having troubles with this recipe too for some reasons. :(

    ReplyDelete