Tuesday 3 August 2010

A rather pleasing carrot cake with lime mascarpone icing

When I woke up this morning, I had this urge to bake and for something sweet, but not too sweet and not chocolate; and I decided to make carrot cake.


This carrot cake is dense, but not at all heavy or dry. In fact so moist... so delicious. Oh, have I mentioned that there's just over a block of butter in this cake? If not, let me tell you there's just over a block of butter in this cake.

And the icing is to die for. If you love the sour freshness of limes, this is for you.

I took the cake to work and shared it with my colleagues. After work, I spent my time at the gym.

I want to say that this carrot recipe recipe has been passed down in my family for many generations and we took an oath at birth to guard this recipe from the outside world... NOT! If you have Jamie Oliver's Cook with Jamie cook book, simply go to page 387.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this cake looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really love to bake some cakes but the prob now... I don't have my oven here in my apartment. So I just did the rocky road no bake cake. But this cake of your looks really really delish esp with the mascarpone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I took the cake to work and shared it with my colleagues."

    LIES!!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to pick up his cook book. This carrot cake looks gigantic! With the lime mascarpone makes it original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy, I really like this challenge you've set out on, trying to cook through a cookbook! I'm loving reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrot cake is the perfect "not too sweet" food. Your's looks awesome...definitely super thick and dense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a wonderful combination...that icing with the sweetness of carrot cake:) Gorgeous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really does look wonderful. I love the use of lime in the frosting and the way that would play off the carrot cake. It really sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Jaime Oliver...his food always sounds so good to me. This carrot cake looks so fabulous.....anything with that much butter must be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone, thank you for the nice comments! If there's a way, I'd invite all of you over for a piece of this cake. :)

    Thank you again and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete