Sunday 6 March 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake

When I saw Nigella making this on TV, I knew I just have to try this. With her flirtatious look, Nigella lured me into the chocolate-peanut-buttery goodness...

Loaded with all the no-no's by dieticians (yes-yes by me), cheesecakes are nonetheless almost the irresistible dessert. I warn you, this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is not for the faint-hearted. It's unashamedly indulgence. It's like eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in cheesecake form. Yum!!

The base of the cheesecake is rather thick, and that's because it's so delicious. The base is formed by a mixture of digestive biscuits, salted peanuts, dark chocolate chips and soft butter. See? I told you it's delicious.

For the cheesecake filling, obviously a generous amount of cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, sour cream and smooth peanut butter. The cheesecake is then baked in the oven until it's just set with a hint of gooey-ness; or in the word of Nigella, the cake should have a hint of inner-thigh wobble...

The cheesecake is then topped with its glorious chocolate spread made by melting milk chocolate, sour cream and soft brown sugar together.

Well, I think it's time for another slice... gotta go now. I have cheesecake to attend to. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday...


Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Recipe by Nigella Lawson
Serves 10 - 12
For list of ingredients and instructions, click here.
If you want to watch Nigella in action, click here.

20 comments:

  1. Oooh.. cheesecake is my favorite. Can I have a piece please, Michael, perhaps the one in the background? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, somehow I think Nigella could lure you into just about anything :) LOL But that's ok, cause getting lured into making a cheesecake that looks and sounds so incredibly delicious, is definitely not a bad thing!!! I don't suppose you saved me a piece, huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photography Michael!!!... this cheesecake is simply incredible... I think I may have to starve myself for a month before making and eating this though... you are too naughty!... can you make something not so wicked next time please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I always wish that cheesecakes had fatter bottoms. This fits the bill, what a lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that looks like a slice of heaven. Pass a big, fat slice this way please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good! I made that recipe when I saw the episode too. She just makes everything so easy and effortless. Have you seen the crustless pizza recipe? That is my next try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, this cheesecake looks delicious, peanut butter and chocolate, just perfect :-) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks so pretty and i say all in moderation as a dietitian !!

    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a great blog and I'm so glad to have found it, Michael! This cheesecake looks just heavenly. I'm looking forward to exploring your recipes and seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Michael,
    this cheesecake looks great! I am so sorry for my long absence, but was quite busy and had a few important things to do, so I sort of neglected my blog, sorry!
    Anyway just thought I'd stop by and tell you how amazing your cheesecake looks, delicious!!!
    Great work :)
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Micheal-HELLO GORGEOUS CHEESECAKE!Wow, I'm craving a nice slice right now:)Yum:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Michael-Chocolate and peanut butter, are a match made in heaven, and pairing it with cream cheese? This cheese cake is to "die for" For sure I'm making this yummy Nigella creation.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a huge fan of Nigella. The cheesecake looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for the lovely comments. :)
    The cheesecake was delicious. I brought some to the office yesterday...

    Rick: Yes, I've seen the crustless pizza recipe and made it too. It's nice and most importantly easy.

    Rebecca: Thank you. I'm glad you approve. Yes, to moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm also a fan of Nigella. Looks heavenly delicious. I'm not sure if I can handle that much calorie...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks tempting and very devilish dessert. I'm sure your officemates are very lucky tasting your cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheesecake is glorious :) What a divine combination, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love chocolate, peanut butter and cheesecakes. What a great combo!! I might just have to make it this weekend. Looks super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Inner thigh wobble!! I love it!! That should be the criteria for any good cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Nigella, she has powers. What a rippa cake buddy, this looks soooooooooooo yummy. The base of the cake looks divine. Hanging out on your site today...... I am starving... :)

    ReplyDelete