Thursday 24 March 2011

Lemon Cake

This lemon cake is a French teatime favourite that Raymond Blanc has served at his restaurant, Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons in Oxfordshire, for the past 25 years. His restaurant / cookery school is on my must-visit list. Hopefully sometime later this year, preferably after that financial windfall predictions from those double egg yolks on my previous post.

The cake is wonderfully lemony, inside and also outside with its sticky apricot-lemon coating. It's also very moist which I love. The texture is a little dense, but that's my fault for over-mixing the batter. It's still a pleasant to eat though.

Enjoy with a cup of tea.


Lemon Cake
Recipe by Raymond Blanc
For list of ingredients and instructions, click here.

12 comments:

  1. I adore lemon cakes. There is just something about the wonderful citrus flavor that I can't get enough of...and I love the coating on this one. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This just looks like the perfect lemon cake. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just saw this on his Kitchen Secrets program on iPlayer. Going to put this out there, I think yours looks even better then his!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael! I want lemon cake, like right now. This looks amazing... and while probably not the most healthiest thing, it looks so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael, Would love to have you join my tea party, and I will provide your favorite tea...just please bring your yummy lemon cake:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite, I love cakes like this with some whipped cream and fresh berries. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. so scrumptious, I can just imagine that lemony goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful cake...wishing you much luck with the financial windfall, then you can adopt me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so super moist and scrumptious! I love the sound of the coating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always adored Raymond Blanc and read through his cookbook with a magnifying glass (partly because I'm blind and partly because I don't want to miss anything). This lemon cake with the sticky glaze is simply to die for!

    PS. Appreciate your kind comments and concern on my blog. I'd send you over a lovely chocolate cake if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything lemon! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to make this cake ever since I saw it on Raymond's show. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete