Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cinnamon Plums with French Toast

Tuesday is definitely my breakfast day. On other days, my breakfast is normally just a cup of coffee. Not because I don't like eating in the morning... Let's not be silly, I like eating at any time of the day, you should really know that by now, but I like sleeping too. And let's not forget, there's always lunch, after-lunch snack, dinner and after-dinner snack... As horrible as it sounds, I don't mind missing that one meal.

But on Tuesday, I call it my study-day because today is the day when I am at uni studying, I have the day off work and since study time starts in the afternoon, I have the whole morning for myself and the extra time to cook breakfast.

I have some leftover stale brioche from the coconut bread pudding, so I recycled them into French toast and they are served with sharp and sticky cinnamon-y plum compote. The plums are cooked in sugar syrup made with cranberry juice, sugar and a cinnamon stick. Yum.

OK. I am off to learn something now... Have a nice day.

(I'm thinking...What's for lunch....?)


Cinnamon Plums with French Toast
Recipe by Nigella Lawson
For list of ingredients and instructions, click here.
If you want to watch the video, click here.

9 comments:

  1. LOL...I think about food non-stop! Chris laughs at me because as soon as we are done eating dinner I turn to him and say, so what do you think we should have tomorrow night? He just groans and holds his stomach, I don't get it :)
    Anyway...this looks like a wonderful breakfast, Michael! No wonder you like Tuesdays so much! I bet those plums not only taste wonderful but smell amazing! Have fun learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too... me too!... this looks so lovely and such a great flavour combo! although I am more of a savoury person myself, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I can't eat anything sweet for breakfast. Odd, I know. But for lunch? I'm all over this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a cinnamon plum!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of plums, probably a hint of cinnamon can change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, every time I am looking at a recipe in Nigella's book, you go and post it within a day or two! How funny. I would actually eat breakfast if these were on the table. Like you, I would rather sleep through breakfast but I can almost smell those cinnamon plums from here. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a genius! I love French toast and this just takes it to another level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would stop for breakfast for this one! Delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks incredibly good! Brioche makes the best french toast and the plums are simply delectable!

    ReplyDelete