Thursday 10 March 2011

Tagliatelle with Spinach, Mascarpone and Parmesan

This is a quick and delicious pasta recipe I love. It's got a simple, silky, creamy sauce made with mascarpone cheese, cream, garlic, nutmeg and Parmesan (and butter)... Yes, yes, I know what some of you are thinking... but those ingredients indeed what make this dish so incredibly scrumptious.

If it makes you feel any better, there's also spinach... quite a lot of spinach here which is very good for us. It's very low in calories yet very high in vitamins and loaded with other nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids and an excellent source of iron, as I've been told. Just think of Popeye!

I also read somewhere, I may made this up, I cannot remember... Cheese supplies a great deal of protein and calcium. So, I think this pasta is actually health food. Please don't take my words for it. However, you can certainly trust me when I tell you: it's delicious...


Tagliatelle with Spinach, Mascarpone and Parmesan
Recipe by Jamie Oliver
For list of ingredients and instructions, click here.

17 comments:

  1. That looks lush - and I am a firm (if slightly wobbly in places) believer in the health benefits of cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this dish when I made it and it reminds me I need to make it again soon! You are right, you really have to use these indulgent ingredients now and again to enjoy a fantastic dish. Do you mind sharing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great. I like the Popeye reference- funny. I've never made a Jamie Oliver recipe. I might have to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this! I made something similar with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Such a great comfort meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a comfort food in the making. O how I need a bowl of your deliciousness. As always, well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, this is definitely my kind of meal! Forget if it's healthy or not, it's the flavors that count here! Fantastic recipe find, Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, My most popular dishes that I make are the pasta dishes. This fabulous tagliatelle, will be a new addition to my list of recipes.
    I love Jamie Oliver, and I appreciate you sharing this amazing Mascarpone, spinach Parmesan fabulous pasta dish! Yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really looks wonderful. It has to be one of my favorite pasta dishes. It's perfect for a quiet candlelight supper. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep sticking up for cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My perfect pasta meal Michael. Love the cream and spinach. Of course it's bloody healthy. It's food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pasta dishes. I can never find tagliatelle in my grocery store, though. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it sounds like a great combination!! And it looks absolutely delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks pretty good. Did you make your own tagliatelle? I've been making it from scratch recently but haven't found a recipe to use it with that I really enjoy. I bet that I'd like this quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, with all that spinach it's positively diet food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the lovely comments friends. I ate the portion for 3, just to let you know.

    Stevie, Thank you for stopping by. I didn't make my own tagliatelle for this recipe. I like making my own on the weekend when I usually have more time. I hope you give this a go.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous flavours! :) Michael, this might just tempt me to eat healthy... LOL! Please please share your pasta recipe with us when you make your own tagliatelle. Great meal my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious to me, and cheese is indeed a protein source...we can leave it at that and just eat :)

    ReplyDelete